Prepare an asbestos management plan
If asbestos has been identified at your workplace, you must prepare and maintain an asbestos management plan, regardless of whether the asbestos is naturally-occurring or from manufactured materials.
Your plan must include:
- reference (or a link) to the asbestos register, and signage and labelling
- safe work procedures and control measures
- incident and emergency procedures
- consultation arrangements, responsibilities and training details of workers doing asbestos work.
You must review the plan at least every five years or when:
- requested by a health and safety representative (HSR)
- asbestos is removed, disturbed, sealed or enclosed.
The plan must be available to anyone involved in work at the workplace.