When an incident occurs
Incidents can be notified 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 13 10 50.
- provide first aid and make sure the worker gets the right care
- take care not to disturb the incident site until an inspector arrives. You can help an injured person and ensure safety of the site.
- record it in the register of injuries
- notify your insurer within 48 hours
What incidents need to be notified?
A ‘notifiable incident’ under the work health and safety legislation relates to:
- the death of a person
- a serious injury or illness of a person
- a potentially dangerous incident
Examples of these incidents are available in the Incident notification fact sheet.
If you’re still unsure, call us on 13 10 50.
How we will respond
Our customer service standard outlines the process we follow when responding to incidents, what you can expect from us, and how we can help.
When you don’t notify
Penalties apply for not notifying incidents. The maximum penalty for failing to notify is $50,000 for a body corporate and $10,000 for an individual.