Asbestos removal and assessor training RTOs
Only RTOs registered by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and approved by us can deliver asbestos removal or assessor training in NSW.
Become an RTO through ASQA.
Get approval to conduct training
For approval to conduct training in NSW you need to apply to us and then sign an agreement. Complete these steps:
- Add the unit/s of competency to your registration with ASQA. You will be applying for approval to deliver some or all of the following courses:
- Class A: CPCCDE3015A – Remove friable asbestos
- Class B: CPCCDE3014A – Remove non-friable asbestos
- Supervisor: CPCCBC4051A – Supervise asbestos removal
- Assessor: CPCCBC5014A – Conduct asbestos assessment associated with removal
- Complete the application form.
- Prepare for a venue inspection. We will assess whether your venue adequately simulates a workplace environment and associated activities.
- Refer to the RTO checklist to help you get ready for the inspection.
- Ensure you, your partners and contractors are able to comply with the conditions of the agreement to conduct asbestos removal and asbestos assessor training.
- Sign and submit the agreement to us. (If your application is successful, we will send you this agreement document.)
The application fee is shown in our list of fees and charges.
Notify changes of detail within 14 days:
RTOs must notify us every time they deliver training, at least seven calendar days before scheduled training.
Also notify us if there is a variation or cancellation to that training.
Training and assessment is conducted in accordance with the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2017.
Call us on 13 10 50 for further assistance.