Demolition notifications provide risk based information to SafeWork NSW so it can apply resources and target compliance and enforcement actions to areas of greatest risk to health and safety.
Did you know that you can submit a notification using the Asbestos and Demolition Online Notification System?
Notification of demolition work
You must notify SafeWork NSW five calendar days before undertaking any demolition work.
Demolition notification requirements will apply to:
- a structure, or a part of a structure, that is load-bearing, or otherwise related to the physical integrity that is over six metres high
- load shifting machinery on a suspended floor
You can lodge your notification electronically using the asbestos and demolition online notification system or complete the demolition notification form or send it us by:
- email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- post to the: Asbestos and Demolition Unit, SafeWork NSW, PO BOX 1291, Liverpool NSW 1871
Hotline and other information
- The asbestos and demolition hotline number is 1800 672 718.
- More information about demolition notifications is available in our demolition guide or by calling 13 10 50.