Directors and officers
Officers, including company directors, have legal obligations to make sure their business complies with work health and safety (WHS) legislation.
In brief, you are an officer of a corporation or entity if you:
- are appointed as a director or officer of a corporation
- have influence over decisions that affect the business or undertaking of the corporation or entity, including financial and administrative decisions
- can instruct other officers or directors about the business or undertaking of the corporation or entity
- are a liquidator of the business or undertaking
- are a trustee of the business or undertaking.
WHS obligations of an officer
As an officer, you must ensure the business complies with its work health and safety obligations.
Our Safety starts here section has more information on what you need to do to comply and how your business can be proactive about work health and safety.