Licensed asbestos removalists

To work with asbestos in NSW, even naturally occurring asbestos, you require a licence. There are three different licences:

  • Class A – licence to remove friable asbestos
  • Class B – to remove non-friable asbestos
  • Asbestos Assessor licence.

Only a business or someone operating as a business can apply for an asbestos removal licence.

All asbestos removal work must be carried out safely in accordance with health and safety legislation.

Find a licensed asbestos removalist or licensed assessor in your area.

Back to top