Bullying - know who to contact

If you want assistance, it’s important to know who to contact for your situation.

If you want assistance, it’s important to know who to contact for your situation.

Immediate emotional support

If you need emotional support, the following services may help:

  • Lifeline on 13 11 14 – 24-hour counselling service providing emotional support in times of crisis
  • Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511 – 24-hour support service across NSW that can connect you with a mental health professional
  • Headspace on (02) 9114 4100 – a national youth mental health foundation that helps young people between 12 and 25 who are going through a tough time.


Contact the Anti-Discrimination Board if the issue is about:

  • sex
  • pregnancy
  • breastfeeding
  • race
  • homosexuality
  • disability
  • age carer's responsibilities
  • marital or domestic status
  • transgender status

Your rights at work

Contact the Fair Work Ombudsman if the issue is about:

  • not being paid the right amount
  • being forced to do things against your will
  • being discriminated against
  • not getting the right amount of leave or other conditions you're entitled to
  • being threatened by your employer
  • a sham contract

Unfair dismissal

Contact the Fair Work Commission if the issue is about unfair dismissal or unlawful termination.

Violence or threats of violence

Contact NSW police if the issue involves physical violence or the threat of it, or contact us if it involves work-related violence.

Workplace bullying

If you think we are the right agency to contact, read our service standards and complete the workplace bullying form – or call us on 13 10 50 for more information.

A stop bullying order

If you believe you have been bullied at work, you may be eligible to apply to the Fair Work Commission for an order to stop the bullying.

Online bullying

You can find information about, and report, online bullying at image-based abuse at https://www.esafety.gov.au/

Back to top