Manager or supervisor responsibilities
If you are a supervisor, even if not officially recognised as such, you are responsible for the carrying out of work in a safe manner in the workplace.
Your duties include:
- making decisions about health and safety that may affect work activities or other people
- ensuring legal requirements regarding health and safety are met
- actioning safety reports and carrying out workplace inspections
- ensuring safe work method statements are completed
- ensuring safe work practices
- conducting inductions and regular safety briefings
- participating in incident investigations
- leading by example and promoting health and safety at every opportunity.