A notifiable incident is when:
- a person dies
- a person experiences a serious injury or illness
- a potentially dangerous incident occurs.
Significant penalties apply if you don’t notify us of a ‘notifiable incident’.
You must also notify your insurer within 48 hours.
What we need to know
When you call us to report an incident, we will ask for:
- an overview of what happened, including date, time and location
- information about anyone who was injured, including their date of birth, contact details and their relationship to you (worker, site visitor, volunteer, contractor, member of the public)
- information about the injury, including treatment received and hospital details, if they were taken to hospital
- your details, including business information and contact details
- immediate action taken to make the site safe
- further safety action taken, or actions that will be taken, to prevent the incident happening again.