Online fireworks notifications - FAQs

How do I get started?

  • create an OneGov account for each individual submitting notifications
  • you will receive an email requesting you to confirm your account
  • sign into your account, click ‘Start’ and follow the prompts.

Notification types

Automated notification

Notifications of intended fireworks display that do not require supporting documentation and are paid with credit card will promptly receive a completed notification via email.

Assessment of notification

Notifications which require supporting documentation or are paid by BPay will require assessment by SafeWork NSW.

You will receive a confirmation email that your notification has been submitted. This document is a summary only and does not authorise you to hold the proposed display.

You will be notified of the outcome once it has been reviewed by SafeWork NSW.

Do I need to attach supporting documentation?

  • For displays less than 7 working days from your application date and Extended displays, a ‘Local Council Non Objection Letter’ is required and if the display is over water (ie on a barge), the 'Aquatic Marine Licence' issued by RMS is also required.
  • For fireworks stored at the display site overnight, details of the building and containers to be used, security plan and signs to be provided and safety distances from adjacent premises must be attached.

Display owner ABN/ACN

The ABN or ACN of the display owner (organisation) and fireworks supplier are now required to be provided. If you do not know this information, it can be found by searching ABN Lookup, however you can also obtain this information from your customers direct.

How do I pay?

There are two options:

  • credit card (VISA | MasterCard) using the online portal
  • BPay.  (BPay payments are made external to the online notification tool and are required to be paid on completion of your submission. A delay in processing this payment will mean a delay in issuing notification).
Back to top