What should I do if I think my workplace temperature is too high?

If you are concerned that you are working in an unsafe and hot environment, you should alert your immediate supervisor to the problem and discuss some of the possible ways of reducing the impact on you and your co-workers.

If the supervisor will not deal with the problem or you believe the problem hasn’t been fixed, you should contact your Health and Safety Representative (HSR) if there is one, or the supervisor’s manager.

If the matter is still unresolved and you continue to believe that an unsafe situation exists, you should contact SafeWork on 13 10 50 for further advice.

Back to top