When there's no shade
Reschedule work to cooler times of the day, or at a different location.
If it is reasonably practicable to do so:
- reschedule work to cooler times of the day, or at a different location
- schedule outdoor work tasks, especially those where no shade is available, for early in the morning or later in the afternoon when UV levels are lower
- provide screens, umbrellas, canopies or awnings over sections of the site to create shade for work areas and for taking breaks
- rotate staff so the same people are not always out in the sun
- provide regular breaks away from the sun in a clean, cool, well-ventilated (air conditioned where possible) area – eg shed or vehicle.