6 tips for a healthy workplace
If you’re a typical time-poor small employer, why on earth would you want to devote valuable time encouraging your workers to get healthier?
- Target workers’ eating habits, especially if lunchtime fare is fast food high in saturated fats such as burger and fries. Install a larger fridge and an extra microwave so more staff can bring in meals from home to reheat – also saving them money.
- Offer more flexible working hours so workers go for walks, runs or swims, or attend a gym at lunchtime. Speak to a local fitness club about offering discount memberships for your workers.
- Print out simple exercise guides to place around the workplace.
- Establish a ‘break-out’ room where workers can make personal phone calls or have some quiet time.
- Help workers to quit smoking.
- Establish a workplace zero injuries target and promote this over one month, progressing to three then six months.