Obligations of licence holders

Notification of blasting activity

Licence holders must notify us (the Regulator) at least seven working days before using explosives.

Email the Notification of blasting activity form to 'the Regulator'.

There are some circumstances where a licence holder does not have to notify the Regulator of blasting activity including:

  • The use of explosives at coal mines other than underground mines, underground coal mines, underground mines other than coal mines or mines other than underground mines or coal mines.
  • The use of explosives by police explosives technicians and other authorised officers.
  • The use of explosives on a rural or farming property owned by the holder of a blasting explosives user licence. Note: rural or farming property means a farm, orchard, pastoral holding or other agricultural or rural holding.

All other uses must be notified using the Notification of blasting activity form.

Change of details

It is a condition of a blasting explosives user licence that the licence holder must notify the Regulator within 14 days of any change in address or other details provided in their application. For change of name or address or contact details, use the Change of details – application form. For changes to authorisations on a licence (request for storage or authorisation of addition classes), use the Amendment to a blasting explosive user licence – application form.

Back to top