At risk workers
Explanation of the term ‘at risk’ workers.
The phrase 'at risk' workers highlights workers who, for a range of reasons, may be at higher risk of injury than others.
- workers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workers
- migrant workers
- temporary work visa holders
- young workers
- workers with disabilities
- pregnant workers
- workers engaged through labour hire organisations.
In our Know your workers section, you will find information on how you can make your workplace safer for these workers and everyone else too.