10 things you should know
Running a small business is hard work, but that doesn’t mean safety has to be.
- Get a workers compensation policy if you need one.
- Talk about safety and get input from your workers.
- Make sure everyone is properly trained and understands how to do their work safely.
- Establish safe working procedures.
- Provide adequate workplace facilities.
- Use personal protective equipment.
- Record any workplace injuries in a register.
- Notify us of serious incidents
- Have a recover at work program.
- If in doubt, ask for help – give us a call on 13 10 50.