Temporary work visas

Information on temporary work visa holders and employer responsibilities for their health and safety.

Whether you are a permanent resident, an Australian citizen, or on a temporary work visa, you are covered by work health and safety laws. These laws apply to every workplace and include workers compensation insurance in case you are injured.

All employers of temporary work visa holders are required under NSW law to have a policy of insurance for workers compensation from a licensed insurer and to make sure they implement and maintain it.

Temporary work visa holders are often at higher risk of injury in the workplace than other workers. They may need greater support to be safe.

We have prepared further information on your rights and responsibilities and at risk workers.

Back to top