2. Hygiene practices
COVID-19 spreads through coughs and sneezes, as well as by contact with contaminated hands, surfaces or objects.
It is vital all workplaces provide for and monitor increased hygiene and cleaning practices. This may include:
- providing soap and access to hand sanitiser
- requiring and reminding everyone to wash their hands frequently with soap and water, especially before and after eating, and after going to the toilet
- reminding workers to cough into their elbow (not their hands). If they use a tissue, put it immediately in the bin
- reduce the number of people handling the same pieces of equipment and regularly clean all surfaces where multiple workers may be using them
- increase the frequency of cleaning work amenities
- reduce the use of hard copy documents e.g plans, by multiple workers.