Maintenance and review
Once you have implemented control measures to protect health and safety by managing the risk of noise in your workplace, you must maintain and review them to ensure they remain fit for purpose, suitable for the nature and duration of work and be installed, set up and used correctly and reviewed regularly to make sure they are effective.
Specific moments to conduct a review include when:
- the control measure is no longer effective
- before a change at the workplace is being planned
- a new or relevant hazard or risk is identified
- the results of consultation indicate a review is necessary, or
- a health and safety representative requests a review.
Common review methods include workplace inspection, consultation, testing and analysing records and data. You can use the same methods as in the initial hazard identification step to check control measures. You must also consult your workers and their health and safety representatives.