The SafeWork NSW awards for 2018 are now open for nominations, Minister for Better Regulation Matt Kean announced today.
Now in their 15th year, the awards recognise individuals and organisations which have shown exceptional commitment to health, safety and return-to-work practices in NSW.
Mr Kean said the awards cover six categories and are open to any NSW business, individual or not-for-profit organisation.
“These awards give us an opportunity to recognise workplaces that are putting their employees first, and setting a great example for other organisations,” Mr Kean said.
“SafeWork does an outstanding job helping to protect workers across the state – but at the end of the day, workplace health and safety is everyone’s responsibility.
“This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone who has improved safety in their workplace through innovation, forward thinking and positive change to be recognised.
“Winning a SafeWork Award can have a direct and dramatic impact on your business, clearly differentiating you from competitors, and providing a real competitive advantage when seeking or retaining customers.”
Award categories include:
- Excellence in workplace health and safety culture (small or large business);
- Best solution to an identified workplace health and safety issue (small or large business);
- Best individual contribution to workplace safety;
- Excellence in recovery at work for business;
- Recovery at work achievement award for injured workers; and,
- SafeWork NSW leadership in safety.
Visit the SafeWork Awards website for information on the entry process, award categories and prizes. Entries close Friday, 22 June 2018. Winners will be announced on 25 October.Back to top