High impact harms
Identified high impact harms will be eliminated or significantly reduced.
By 2022, no one should be seriously injured or killed by:
- falls from heights*
- quad bikes and forklifts
- ‘working live’ electric shocks/electrocutions
- traumatic injury from poorly guarded machinery.
*Specific categories from heights will be targeted over the course of the six years of the Roadmap..
Falling incidence rate
By 2022 the incidence rate of serious injuries and illnesses will have fallen by 50% with a focus on:
- musculoskeletal injuries and illnesses*
- serious mental health conditions
- reducing exposure to hazardous chemicals and materials by 30%.
*Claims resulting in one or more weeks off work.