Check the contractor's insurances

  • Workers compensation - for all their workers.
  • Public liability – this is protection to cover yours and your neighbour’s property if damage is caused or any injuries happen while the work is being carried out.
  • Professional indemnity protection - for damages arising from action in line with professional advice.

You can check any policy validity by asking the contractor for a certificate of currency or contact the issuing insurance company.

Back to top