What are heat-related injuries?
Apart from heat stress, hot working conditions may either contribute to or cause other health and safety problems. For example:
- loss of grip while handling tools, objects and controls due to sweaty hands
- slips, trips and falls due to dizziness, fainting or fatigue
- errors/mistakes or clumsiness due to fogged up safety glasses or heat fatigue
- not following safe work procedures or cutting corners due to fatigue and/or discomfort
- not using PPE due to discomfort
- burns from contact with hot surfaces or substances