How do I know if heat stress might be a concern at my workplace?
Heat stress may be a concern in your workplace if you answer ‘yes’ to one or more of the following questions:
- Has anyone been affected by heat in your workplace?
- Are fans needed to keep workers cool?
- Is work done in direct sunlight?
- Are there heat-producing processes or equipment in the workplace? – eg in kitchens, laundries, factories, foundries.
- Do you wear extra clothing/personal protective equipment (PPE) such as overalls, respirators or hard hats, that can make you hot?