The NSW Government has launched a new suite of guidance materials to help all types of businesses manage the risk of COVID-19.
Minister for Better Regulation, Kevin Anderson said these new materials have been specifically created for non-customer facing businesses, to ensure everyone has access to industry specific, practical guidance to prevent the spread of the virus.
“80,000 businesses have already downloaded the NSW Government’s COVID Safety Plans, and we’ve now created additional resources for hotels, offices, construction sites, farms, and manufacturing premises,” Mr Anderson said.
The hotels and accommodation plan can be tailored to reflect an individual business’ response to the risks that may arise in their workplace. Hotel and accommodation businesses could consider:
- flexible cancellation or booking policies to ensure guests that are unwell or awaiting test results can cancel or change dates
- monitoring local community transmission, travel restrictions and changes in public health orders to ensure employees and customers are kept informed
- displaying conditions of entry prominently and sharing key health messages across via all available communication channels (website, social media, email, reception)
- using contactless check in to reduce crowding and face to face contact with front desk workers
- frequently cleaning high touch points including counters, door handles and lift controls.
“Ultimately we want to focus on getting NSW’s economy back up and running and providing businesses with the right guidance to operate safely and successfully in the current climate.
“I encourage every business to jump online and download these simple yet powerful tools to map out a safe way back to business that puts customers and workers front and center.”
The new campaign materials including social media tiles, downloadable posters and checklists for all NSW offices are available.Back to top