You are a Business (PCBU) - what do you need to know and do from 1 July 2020?
- A PCBU has a duty to ensure that a worker holds a SafeWork NSW traffic control work training card.
- A penalty of up to $21,420 may apply to a business who directs a worker to undertake traffic control work without the required certification.
- The PCBU also needs to ensure that the worker has:
a) successfully completed the training for that type of traffic control work and
b) carried out that type of traffic control work in the preceding 2 years.
- A business may direct a worker to undertake traffic control work while they are waiting for their SafeWork NSW Traffic Control Work Training Card to be issued. The worker must be able to show their Statement of Completion and confirmation letter of successful assessment upon request.
- A business may direct or allow a worker to carry out traffic control work if the worker has completed training but is yet to complete the workplace assessment and holds a current Statement of Completion (or letter of extension). The work needs to be carried out under supervision.