Persons handling certain types of bon-bon crackers
The exemption was granted under the Explosives Regulation 2013.
Exemption Order No 004/16 commenced 22 July 2016 and has effect until five years from that date, unless otherwise varied or cancelled.
Nature of exemption
- The exemption order is made by SafeWork New South Wales on application from DATS Pty Ltd.
- The exemption order applies to bon-bon crackers which have been certified by:
- Tian Cheng Pyrotechnics Laboratory report TCPL152096 dated 17 November 2015, and
- Konstrukta Defence a.s. Resolution No. RZ-SK/KTD150-15 dated 26 November 2015,
... as being excluded from classification as Class 1 dangerous goods because they do not represent a significant hazard of explosion, as determined in accordance with UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods – Model Regulations, Seventeenth Revised Edition.
- The exemption order exempts persons handling packages of bon-bon crackers referred to in paragraph (b) from compliance with:
- clause 65 of the Explosives Regulation 2013
- clause 78 of the Explosives Regulation 2013
... in relation to the requirements for marking of packages and the use of approved packaging imposed by the Australian Code for the Transport of Explosives by Road and Rail, as in force from time to time.
Published in Government Gazette of the State of New South Wales, number 60, Friday 22 July 2016.