Back to top
Review and approve proposed controls
- Management considers the risk assessments and the proposed controls.
- Approved controls should be implemented and reviewed.
- Refer to the WHSQ website for an injury cost calculator to assist in developing a business case for controls.
- Trial controls to ensure effective and suitable before fully implementing.
- The work teams should be involved in monitoring, reviewing and reassessing tasks to ensure controls are effective.
- Use a control review assessment to assess the effectiveness of controls.
- Consider establishing a review committee to coordinate the implementation and evaluation of the control ideas.
- The committee suggested composition: safety staff
- the site engineer/maintenance rep
- a worker and management representative.
- The committees worked with everyone involved to take ownership of the PErforM process to make it a permanent part of the workplace systems.