Give information to the manufacturer
You must give the manufacturer:
- the design specifications of your plant
- information that will enable the plant to be manufactured in accordance with the design specifications
- information about installing, commissioning, decommissioning, using, handling, storing and dismantling it
- information about hazards and risks that could arise
- enough calculations, analysis, testing or examinations to enable the plant to be manufactured safely
- information about testing, inspections, systems of work, operator competencies and emergency procedures
- information about the plant’s purpose and any conditions necessary to operate the plant properly.
If the manufacturer identifies a hazard for which there is no control measure, you must revise your information to ensure the risks have been minimised or, better still, eliminated – or let the manufacturer know in writing that no change is required.