Glyphosates and organophosphates
Products containing glyphosate or organophosphates have been assessed as being potentially carcinogenic.
A commonly known brand of glyphosate is Roundup. Glyphosate and organophosphates are also found in some other common pesticides and herbicides.
Before buying and using these chemicals, ask yourself:
- Can I use other methods of weed and pest control or use safer chemicals?
- Are the pesticides and herbicides I use registered in Australia for approved purposes?
- Have I read the labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and am I following instructions?
- Am I using the right personal protective equipment (PPE)?
- Am I using the best application system to reduce my risk of exposure?
- Have I got emergency and safety equipment on hand and can my workers quickly access emergency contact details?
If you are worried about using pesticides and herbicides, talk to your employer or consult your doctor.
Read our glyphosate and organophosphates fact sheet for more information.