Consultation Test One
Consultation period: 01/01/2018 12:00 am to 03/11/2018 12:00 am
As regulator, SIRA is consulting on key design features of the new Home Building Compensation Scheme before it commences in 2018.
We have released two draft guidelines:
- Our Draft home building compensation claims handling guidelines look at how providers of cover should manage claims for home building compensation.
- Our Draft home building compensation business plan guidelines look at how providers of cover adopt good business practices and have the capacity to offer suitable products and services.
Please read them before answering the questions in our online form below.
Your feedback will help us develop the guidelines that will apply under the reformed scheme. For more information about the reforms themselves, see our home building compensation reforms section.
Don't miss this important opportunity to have your say.
- 18 August to 15 September 2017: Consultation on premiums and eligibility
- September to November 2017: Consultation on business planning, prudential regulation, claims handling, provider licensing and market practices
- October to November 2017: Consultation on regulations
- Early 2018: New guidelines and regulations will be finalised and implemented
The SIRA Board led the consultation process.
They considered the submissions and has released a report.
Have your say
We invite you to tell us your views by using our online form. You don't have to answer every question but your submission needs to address the specific issues raised in the documents and where possible provide evidence to support your feedback (eg are there any reports or papers you can refer to?).