Trinity Constructions (Aust) Pty Limited
On 9 December 2014, a worker employed by a tiling subcontractor sustained an injury when he fell through an unsecured penetration at a Trinity Constructions site.
Trinity Constructions (Aust) Pty Limited contravened section 19(1) and 32 of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Summary of undertaking:
The undertaking requires the following actions:
- develop and implement a safety leadership training program
- develop and implement a falls prevention induction and training program
- implement a safety training program
- implement a falls prevention governance strategy
- develop a working at heights advertising campaign
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $410,500.
Reasons for accepting the undertaking:
- the alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 Reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed undertaking from being accepted
- the nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by Trinity Constructions (Aust) Pty Limited in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an undertaking
- the strategies proposed in the undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term sustainable safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community
- the undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the Enforceable Undertakings Guidelines (PDF, 1068.88 KB).
1 February 2019