Toplace Pty Limited
SUMMARY OF UNDERTAKING
Activities Toplace Pty Limited will undertake include:
- the development of a leadership framework
- independent scaffold auditing
- hosting a WHS conference targeted to the Arabic-speaking community in the construction industry
- the development of advanced gamification technology on hazard identification and risk awareness on construction sites
- funding a Case Manager at MATES in Construction
- funding admissions to Foundation House 28-day Rehabilitation Program for members of the construction industry
- funding for the translation from English to Arabic of promotional and marketing materials used by MATES in Construction and Foundation House.
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $348,401.
REASONS FOR ACCEPTING THE UNDERTAKING
- the alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 Reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed undertaking from being accepted
- the nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by Toplace Pty Limited in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an undertaking
- the strategies proposed in the undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term sustainable safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community
- the undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the Enforceable Undertakings Guidelines.