Lendlease Building Pty Limited
Summary of undertaking
Activities Lendlease Building Pty Limited will undertake include:
- Develop an Emergency, Fire Preparedness and Evacuation Management Guideline.
- Prepare a Case Study on concrete frame construction trades and potential impacts on emergency management, fire preparedness and emergency response.
- Develop a Hazard Profile related to significant hazards and risks and related control measures associated with concrete frame construction activities and emergency/fire preparedness.
- Develop a Hot Works Permit Training Supervisor Awareness Module and area related fire preparedness to ensure awareness of minimum fire preparedness standards.
- Develop an audit criterion to assess emergency, fire and evacuation preparedness.
- Appoint a Work Health and Safety Intern from a vulnerable community sector.
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $454,680.
Reasons for accepting the undertaking
- the alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 Reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed undertaking from being accepted
- the nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by Lendlease Pty Limited in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an undertaking
- the strategies proposed in the undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term sustainable safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community
- the undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the “Enforceable Undertakings – Guidelines for Proposing a WHS Undertaking”.