Gilgandra Shire Council
SUMMARY OF UNDERTAKING
Activities Gilgandra Shire Council will undertake include:
- Conduct a Plant Safety Improvement Program
- Establish a Workplace Wellbeing Strategy
- Undertake Orana Regional Organisation of Council Safety and Wellbeing Initiative
- Establish and implement a Community Awareness Program.
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $193,400.
REASONS FOR ACCEPTING THE UNDERTAKING
- the alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 Reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed undertaking from being accepted
- the nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by Gilgandra Shire Council in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an undertaking
- the strategies proposed in the undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term sustainable safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community
- the undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the “Enforceable Undertakings – Guidelines for Proposing a WHS Undertaking”.