Borg Manufacturing Pty Limited
Summary of undertaking
Activities Borg Manufacturing (Borg) Pty Limited will undertake include:
- complete a machine safety program across all of Borg’s NSW manufacturing sites
- develop a work health and safety education program for Borg’s managers, coordinators, supervisors and team leaders
- investigate the potential for additional solutions and continuous improvement to reduce manual handling around the loading and unloading of Borg’s trucks
- sponsor an online induction program for small businesses, for use by the Furnishing Association of Australia (FIAA) members
- promote the importance of workplace safety in the community by developing a ‘Safe by Choice not by Chance’ workplace safety campaign.
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $1,505,000.
Reasons for accepting the undertaking
- the alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed enforceable undertaking from being accepted.
- the nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by you in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an enforceable undertaking.
- the strategies proposed in the enforceable undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term, sustainable work health and safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community.
- the enforceable undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the “Enforceable Undertakings – Guidelines for Proposing a WHS Undertaking”.
Date variation accepted
21 December 2018
View the copy of the variation to enforceable undertaking: Borg Manufacturing.