AGL Macquarie Pty Limited
SUMMARY OF UNDERTAKING
Activities AGL Macquarie Pty Limited will undertake include:
- implementing a skills and competency program for workers
- benchmarking and tracking of safety culture at AGL Macquarie
- safety leadership training for AGL Macquarie leaders
- developing publications that focus on electrical arc flash
- sharing electrical safety awareness with the broader community
- supporting safety awards and initiatives within the Hunter Region
- undertaking an independent audit program
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $1.13 million.
REASONS FOR ACCEPTING THE UNDERTAKING
- the alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 Reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed undertaking from being accepted
- the nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by AGL Macquarie Pty Limited in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an undertaking
- the strategies proposed in the undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term sustainable safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community
- the undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the SafeWork NSW Enforceable Undertakings Guidelines.