On 6 November 2015, a worker was injured while operating a bale press
Section 21(2) of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (WHS Act), as a person with health and safety obligations prescribed under Section 32 of the WHS Act
Reasons for accepting the undertaking
- the alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 Reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed undertaking from being accepted
- the nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by Orora Limited in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an undertaking
- the strategies proposed in the undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term sustainable safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community
- the undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the “SafeWork NSW Enforceable Undertakings Guidelines”.
Summary of undertaking
Activities Orora Limited will undertake include:
- develop a safe plant major hazard standard for Orora Limited;
- develop guidance materials on effectively managing lock out tag out (LOTO); and
- provide a safety internship for a student or graduate.
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $340,540.
16 January 2020
View the full Orora Limited undertaking