Labourforce Impex Personnel Pty Ltd
On 13 February 2017, a Labourforce Impex Personnel Pty Ltd labour hire worker became entangled in a metal turning lathe while cleaning the metal rollers.
Labourforce Impex Personnel Pty Ltd contravened section 19(1) of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Summary of undertaking
Activities Labourforce Impex Personnel Pty Ltd will undertake include:
- employ a new National Safety Manager and conduct senior management WHS training
- an electronic platform for a WHS management system designed for Labourforce Impex Personnel Pty Ltd’s operations
- host an employment forum targeting the risks and issues associated with labour hire workers.
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $480,990.50.
Reasons for accepting the undertaking
- The alleged contravention doesn't appear to be a section 31 Reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed undertaking from being accepted
- The nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by Labourforce Impex Personnel Pty Ltd in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an undertaking
- The strategies proposed in the undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term sustainable safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community
- The undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the “Enforceable Undertakings – Guidelines for Proposing a WHS Undertaking”.
17 September 2020
View the full Labourforce Impex Personnel Pty Ltd undertaking.