Hetherington Plumbing Services Pty Limited and Mr Neville Hetherington
Hetherington Plumbing Services Pty Ltd
On 21 May 2016, a sub-contractor conducting work on a roof, stood on a sheet of mini-orb ceiling material and fell through the roof, suffering serious injuries.
Section 19(1) and 27(1) of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (WHS Act), as a person with health and safety obligations prescribed under section 32 of the WHS Act.
Reasons for accepting the undertaking
- the alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 Reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed undertaking from being accepted
- the nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by Hetherington Plumbing Services Pty Limited and Mr Neville Hetherington in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an undertaking
- the strategies proposed in the undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term sustainable safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community
- the undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the “SafeWork NSW Enforceable Undertakings Guidelines”.
Summary of undertaking
Activities Hetherington Plumbing Services Pty Limited and Mr Neville Hetherington will undertake include:
- management and staff to complete accredited WHS related training
- implement an integrated digital project and safety management system
- deliver a safe work at heights presentation to students, apprentices and industry.
- develop safety awareness messages to the community, through sponsorship of a local sporting club and advertisements in a regional newspaper.
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $55,041.
30 April 2020
View the full enforceable undertaking