Growthbuilt Pty Ltd
On 12 September 2016, the chains of a crane being used at a construction site in Lane Cove North arced with overhead powerlines and caused damage to property. No workers or other persons were injured as a result of the incident.
Growthbuilt Pty Ltd contravened section 19(1) and 32 of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Reasons for accepting the undertaking
- The alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 Reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed undertaking from being accepted
- The nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by Growthbuilt Pty Ltd in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an undertaking
- The strategies proposed in the undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term sustainable safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community
- The undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the “Enforceable Undertakings – Guidelines for Proposing a WHS Undertaking”.
Summary of undertaking
Activities Growthbuilt Pty Ltd will undertake include:
- Developing a Positive Investigation Methodology smart phone application and providing training to workers of Positive Investigation Methodology;
- Developing and providing an Electrical Safety Upskilling of Workers – Training and Verification Program;
- Convening an Electrical Safety and Construction Forum;
- Presenting a lesson learnt case study on the implementation of the Positive Investigation Methodology; and
- Developing and delivering a Certificate IV in WHS course for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander construction workers.
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $730,550.
6 March 2020
View the full Growthbuilt Pty Ltd undertaking