Lindsay Australia Limited
On 10 October 2015, a worker employed in the Lindsay Australia Limited business was fatally injured while performing coupling/uncoupling work on a B double trailer at the company’s Arndell Park depot in Sydney.
Lindsay Australia Limited and/or three related entities (Lindsay Australia) contravened section 19 and section 32 of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Summary of undertaking
The undertaking requires the following actions:
- Install ‘seeing eye machines’ in prime movers and trialing installation in depot tug trucks.
- Implement a WHS leadership training program.
- Engage external providers to undertake a safety audit of tug truck operations at the Sydney depot.
- Develop and implement augmented reality technology training tool in conjunction with SafeWork NSW and an industry advisory group.
- Commission a radio media campaign targeted at truck drivers top promote safety awareness messages for maxi brake use and road safety.
- Commission a B double trailer advertising campaign to promote safety awareness for road users.
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $1,496,008.
Reasons for accepting the undertaking
- The nature of the alleged contravention is assessed as being appropriate for consideration for an Enforceable Undertaking.
- The actions proposed in the Enforceable Undertaking have been assessed as appropriate.
27 May 2019
View the full Lindsay Australia enforceable undertaking.