Atlas Steels Pty Limited
Atlas Steels Pty Limited contravened section 19(1) and 32 of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Summary of undertaking
The undertaking requires that Atlas Steels Pty Limited:
- develop a safety culture development program
- establish a site traffic safety program
- implement a safety training program
- undertake an independent audit programme
- develop a sideloader forklift hazard awareness program
- conduct presentations to ASSDA member companies
- supply of rehabilitation equipment and clinician training to Camden Hospital
- publish various media articles online and in magazines.
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $393,839.
Reasons for accepting the undertaking
- The alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 Reckless conduct category 1 offence. If this was the case it would have precluded the proposed undertaking from being accepted.
- The nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by Atlas Steels Pty Limited in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an undertaking.
- The strategies proposed in the undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long-term, sustainable safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community.
The undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the SafeWork NSW Enforceable Undertakings Guidelines.