Ingredion ANZ Pty Limited
On 24 July 2014, a worker employed by a labour hire provider, sustained an injury when he reached into an operating piece of equipment at Ingredion ANZ Pty Ltd’s Lane Cove facility.
Ingredion ANZ Pty Ltd contravened sections 19(1) and 32 of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Summary of undertaking
Activities Ingredion ANZ Pty Ltd will undertake include:
- enhancement of behavioural-based safety process
- Process Workplace Strategy – Machine Safety Audit Program
- hand safety awareness campaign
- WHS industry best practice sharing seminars – Hand Safety Awareness Campaign and Permit to Work
- farm safety outreach program
- WHS Educational Support and Practical Training.
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $439,213.
Reasons for accepting the undertaking
- The alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 Reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed undertaking from being accepted
- The nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by Ingredion ANZ Pty Ltd in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an undertaking
- The strategies proposed in the undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term sustainable safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community
- The undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the “Enforceable Undertakings – Guidelines for Proposing a WHS Undertaking”.
26 September 2017