NSW quad bike safety improvement program
The NSW quad bike safety improvement program offers support to NSW farmers to undertake harm prevention activities associated with on-farm use of quad bikes.
The program includes a funds limited, small business quad bike safety rebate and training package to reduce deaths and injuries on NSW farms. To find out more, you can also read the frequently asked questions.
Instinct & Reason was engaged to conduct independent market research to inform the development of the NSW Quad Bike Safety Improvement Program.
In 2016, the researchers surveyed 446 NSW farmers and conducted 16 focus groups and 24 in-depth interviews with farmers in Dubbo, Tamworth. Griffith, Bega, Cooma and Braidwood NSW.
Download the market research.
In 2017, the researchers conducted mid-point research and surveyed 413 NSW farmers and conducted six focus groups and six in-depth interviews with farmers in Wagga Wagga, Crookwell and Orange, NSW. The mid-point research compares findings with baselines established in 2016.
Download the mid-point evaluation report.
In response to a NSW coroner's recommendation, SafeWork NSW has engaged the University of NSW, Transport and Road Safety to undertake an epidemiological study into the efficacy (in-field safety performance) of Operator Protective Devices and helmets manufactured to NZ8600. You can view the study on the University of New South Wales site.
Report on quad bike safety
In 2013, the NSW Government announced a $1.3 million research and testing project into quad bike safety.
You can view the report on the University of New South Wales site.
You can find out more about the testing process by watching the video below.
- NSW Farmers Association quad bike rebate pageAlive and Well
- Quad bike safety – what you need to know poster
- Child safety on farms fact sheet
- NSW quad bike safety improvement program - snapshot 2017-18
- Farm vehicle pre-purchase checklist
- Side by side vehicles fact sheet
- Quad bikes training fact sheet
- Quad bikes helmet fact sheet
- Quad bikes OPDs fact sheet
- Quad bike RTOs
- Download the quad bike safety – what you need to know poster for more information.
- Read the child safety on farms fact sheet