Terms and conditions - small business safety rebate
The following terms and conditions apply to the SafeWork NSW Small Business Rebate Program. Please read them carefully before signing your application form.
Section one: Eligiblity
To apply for the rebate you must meet the following criteria:
- You must own a business registered in NSW. You are not eligible to apply if your business is registered in another state or territory or is a business that is an investment trust, managed fund, strata title scheme, subsidiary of a larger business, or a voluntary association.
- Your business must produce goods or provide services in NSW
- Your business must fall within the scope of the NSW Work Health and Safety Act 2011
- Your business must employ 0-50 full-time employees (or equivalent)
- Your business must be your main source of income
- You must attend an eligible SafeWork NSW activity before you purchase your ‘eligible safety solution’.
- You must have implemented an ‘eligible safety solution’ – refer to the full list of eligible items, and section 2 below.
- You must complete the Small Business Rebate application form (online, post or email)
- You must attach a copy of a paid tax invoice(s), receipt(s) or proof of purchase and required documentation.
All goods / and or services are to be purchased from a registered business and the tax invoice must state the business/contractor’s name, address, ABN/ACN/BRN number, payment date, description and cost of product or work undertaken.
- Your application must be lodged within six months of attending an eligible SafeWork NSW activity.
Contact us on 13 10 50 if you are unsure if your business is eligible
Section two: Eligible safety solutions
- A rebate will only be provided by SafeWork NSW in relation to an ‘eligible safety solution’. An eligible safety solution is one that addresses an identified safety issue in a business. The ‘eligible item list’ provides examples of what would be an eligible safety solution. If required, SafeWork NSW can confirm whether a proposed safety solution may be eligible for a rebate.
- In order to be an ‘eligible safety solution’, it must be bought from a commercial outlet. Rebates will not cover the design or manufacture of new items, owner-built items, items that you have had designed and manufactured to your specifications, purchase of raw materials or second-hand items, service repairs, or maintenance.
- Where the safety solution requires installation, this must be carried out by a qualified commercial installer or a licensed tradesperson. The rebate program does not recommend or promote any individual safety product or service, or provide an unfair competitive advantage to any commercial safety item, product or service.
Non-eligibility for the rebate
- A rebate will not be provided in relation to products or equipment which SafeWork NSW considers may be used for domestic, recreational or social activities. Items for home-based businesses that are used for domestic/household purposes or contributing to the value of residential assets are not eligible for the rebate.
- Solutions that have already received a rebate from another SafeWork NSW safety initiative or rebate will not be eligible for a rebate.
- Government agencies cannot apply for a rebate.
- Agents, consultants and businesses are not eligible to apply for a rebate on behalf of another person.
- SafeWork reserves the right to reject any application where:
- A rebate is sought in relation to multiple similar items;
- A rebate is sought by multiple businesses which use common premises; or
- A rebate is sought by multiple related businesses.
- Items and activities listed under ‘Excluded items’ are not eligible for the rebate.
Claiming for a rebate
- A person may only apply for the rebate once, up to a maximum of $500.
For example, if a person owns five businesses, he or she may only apply for the rebate once.
- A business may only apply for the rebate once, up to a maximum of $500.
For example, where there are three co-owners of a business, only one of those co-owners may apply for a rebate in relation to that business.
- You can apply for different rebate programs – ie apply for separate items under separate SafeWork NSW rebate programs, but you must meet the terms and conditions of each respective program.
Conflict of interest
You will not be eligible to obtain a rebate if you or a relative are:
- the supplier of the good/service;
- employed by supplier of the good/service; or
- have any legal interest in the supplier of the good/service.
If you are employed by SafeWork NSW or are contracted to provide services to SafeWork NSW, you will not be eligible to apply for a rebate.
Section three: Refund of a rebate
- At any time SafeWork NSW may ask for information about the effectiveness and durability of the safety solution.
- SafeWork NSW may require an applicant to repay the rebate if SafeWork NSW holds any concerns that the safety solution is not effective, durable, or that it may be on-sold.
- Applicants may be required to repay a rebate if any of these terms and conditions have been breached.
Section four: Feedback and publicity
SafeWork NSW may contact participants for feedback on the Small Business Rebate.
Section five: Program changes
SafeWork NSW reserves the right to change any or all of the terms and conditions of the program or to cancel the program at any time.
Section six: Liability
- The applicant agrees, as far as the law allows, that SafeWork NSW accepts no liability in respect to any claim, cause of action, loss or damage relating to any improvement that may be the subject of the rebate.
- The applicant agrees that it releases SafeWork NSW from any claim or liability arising out of, or in relation to, the rebate.
Section seven: Privacy notice
- SafeWork NSW collects and manages the personal information you provide in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. This information is used to determine eligibility for a rebate, to improve the quality of our services, and to provide you with information about other services we offer.
- You have the right to access and correct any of your personal information at any time that relates to your rebate application.
- SafeWork NSW may provide your personal information to a third party to conduct surveys or evaluation activities about SafeWork NSW products and programs. You may opt out of any activities arising from this arrangement.
Applications should be made in writing to:
Privacy Contact Officer
SafeWork NSW Head Office
Locked Bag 2906
Lisarow NSW 2252.