Quad bike RTOs
Accredited training courses are the best way to learn how to ride a quad bike safely.
SafeWork NSW has partnered with a number of authorised Registered Training Organisations to deliver free training to eligible farmers and their workers. Eligible farmers and their workers who complete training under the NSW Quad Bike Safety Improvement Program also receive a free compliant helmet.
Courses cover valuable rider information including:
- how to recognise and control hazards and risks
- how to ride safely on different ground surfaces and slopes and in varying conditions
- how to maintain your bike and complete operational checks
- using attachments and keeping within maximum loads specific to the manufacturer's manual
- how to match vehicle operation to the conditions that may be encountered
- being able to identify hazards, make sound assessments of their own limitations, the limitations of the quad bike, as well as the terrain to be ridden on.
Some trainers are available to come to your property and personalise training for your riders.
If you meet the following eligibility criteria you can access the free training package through one of these authorised training organisations.
Person operating an agricultural business
Worker of a person operating an agricultural business
Tocal College Skills Training Department of Primary Industries
RTO code: 91166
Phone: 1800 025 520
RTO code: 90714
Phone: 1300 366 640
ATV Safety Institute
Training under Motor School RTO code: 30973
Phone: 0417 079 533