Changing, removing or suppressing information from the SafeWork licence register
SafeWork is required to have a register that displays the personal information of individuals who hold asbestos, high risk work (HRW), and demolition licences as well as holders of general construction induction training cards (GIT).
In certain circumstances it is possible for some or all personal information to be suppressed. However, personal information will not be suppressed if SafeWork considers that the public interest in maintaining public access to the information outweighs any individual interest in suppressing the information. The decision to suppress information or not only applies to the SafeWork licence register.
Request suppression of personal information
You can make a request to change, remove or suppress personal information using the link to the online form below or by email or post.
To help us assess your request, you should include:
- details of what personal information you are requesting be suppressed from the SafeWork licence register
- an explanation of why the licence or certificate holder believes that the publication of their information can affect their personal safety or well-being if not suppressed
- an explanation of any other individual interest that the licence or card holder may have in suppressing the information
- evidence supporting your case, for example:
- police report/s
- court outcome
- letter from solicitor
- medical certificate
Make your request online
Alternative ways to request a change
You can send your request via:
- email to: email@example.com
- mail to: Privacy Contact Officer, SafeWork NSW, Locked Bag 2906, Lisarow NSW 2252.