Seeley International Pty Limited
On 20 November 2013 a Roto Moulder Technician employed by Seeley International Pty Limited suffered injuries whilst operating a power press at Seeley’s Albury facility.
Seeley International Pty Limited contravened section 19(1) and 32 of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
SUMMARY OF UNDERTAKING
Activities Seeley International Pty Limited will undertake include:
- Review and improve its safety system;
- Introduce a safety campaign;
- Retrain workers on safety procedures and obligations;
- Undertake an audit of all machines;
- Provide a local industry briefing on safety;
- Develop and publish a television commercial.
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $224,190.
REASONS FOR ACCEPTING THE UNDERTAKING
- the alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed enforceable undertaking from being accepted.
- the nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by you in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an enforceable undertaking.
- the strategies proposed in the enforceable undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term, sustainable work health and safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community.
- the enforceable undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the “Enforceable Undertakings – Guidelines for Proposing a WHS Undertaking”.
21 March 2017
View the full Seeley International Pty Limited undertaking.