Primo Moraitis Fresh Pty Limited
SUMMARY OF UNDERTAKING
Activities Primo Moraitis Fresh Pty Limited will undertake include:
- Enhancing their Workplace Health and Safety Management System, through achieving 2nd Party certification to AS/NZS 4801:2001 OHSMS
- Develop a WHS education program to be rolled out to key groups throughout the organisation
- Develop a culture change strategy to develop and implement “non-negotiable safety rules” for the organisation, based on the critical risk issues that have or will be identified at Primo sites
- Review the traffic management arrangements that have been developed since the incident and further review and develop the Homebush Bay traffic management plan.
- Develop a farm safety strategy, where Primo propose to assist its cabbage growers in NSW.
- Host a stall and present at the AUSVEG National Horticulture Convention around farm safety that will highlight the work health and safety relationship with the NSW cabbage growers.
- Engage a media agency to create and produce work health and safety awareness material to be transmitted through digital and/or social media to a young non English speaking audience.
This undertaking has a total expenditure of $294,400.
REASONS FOR ACCEPTING THE UNDERTAKING
- the alleged contravention does not appear to be a section 31 reckless conduct category 1 offence, which if it was the case, would preclude the proposed enforceable undertaking from being accepted.
- the nature of the alleged contravention and the actions taken by you in response to the incident are assessed as being appropriate for consideration of an enforceable undertaking.
- the strategies proposed in the enforceable undertaking have been assessed as likely to deliver long term, sustainable work health and safety improvements in the workplace, industry and community.
- the enforceable undertaking addresses the requirements contained within the “Enforceable Undertakings – Guidelines for Proposing a WHS Undertaking”.